Monday, February 9, 2015

GMC: DECEPTIVE POSTER EDITION


Get busy livin', or get busy watchin’ movies. That's god-damn right. For the second time in my life, I am guilty of committing a crime.* Parole violation.* Of course, I doubt they'll toss up any roadblocks for that. Not for an old movie club host like me...

I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across town. I hope to see my friends and watch a movie with them. I hope the Cinema is as full as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

Whoa. I got a little Morgan Freeman there for a minute. You’ll have to forgive me. The Guelph Movie Club selection for February is The Shawshank Redemption. We hope you’ll join us on the 26th at 8:45 p.m.

Sure, you could see Shawkshank 106 times on television between now and then. But, great movies are better on the big screen, with friends. So forget the crappy TV edit. See it with us.


If you don’t know, we, the people, choose the movies we show at Movie Club. That's kinda awesome. You know what else are awesome? Bill Murray movies, that's what. So, we’re making March all about Bill Murray. Help us decide which of his films we see by voting in the poll below.



Which Movie Starring Brian Doyle Murray's Brother Bill Do You Want to Watch In March?


I think a lot about making Guelph Movie Club something people love. So, if you’ve got a suggestion for a movie, or something else we can do to make it great, you can email (williamson[dot]d[at]gmail[dot]com] or tweet [@dcwllms] me any time.

Until then, see you at the movies.

- Danny W.






*Not really
*Very not really

No comments:

Post a Comment