Tuesday, April 21, 2015

GMC: JACK NICHOLSON IN A FEDORA EDITION



“Forget it, Jake. It’s Chinatown.”

So, this quote is the sum total of my knowledge about Chinatown. When we watched Labyrinth a few years back, I talked – in this very spot – about great movies we’ve never seen. Such is the way of things, one supposes. There are so many great bits of pop culture out there that it’s impossible for any one person to see it all.

Maybe that’s what Guelph Movie Club is about. Sure, we’ll see classics we’ve seen a thousand times. But, every once in a while, we’ll get to see things we’ve been meaning to cross off our list – like forever. That’s pretty neat to me.

In other news, this is the spot where we’d normally have a poll. You’ll note that there is no poll. That’s on purpose. We’re going to have a neat announcement about May’s movie. You’ll like it, I promise.

And lastly, an admission: I love hosting Guelph Movie Club. There. I said it. I hope you love coming out each month. I’m pretty committed to making it the best it can be. To that end, a couple of things:

  • Talk about it on Twitter. I’m @dcwllms, The Bookshelf is @Bookshelfnews, and we use #GuelphMovieClub to talk about the movie
  • Let me know how I can make GMC better (Twitter is good, or you can email me: williamson[dot]d[at]gmail[dot]com)
  • Come out every month – and bring a friend

Till then, see you at the movies,
Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment