Monday, May 11, 2015

Guelph Movie Club: Recipes for Soap Edition


Yes, I know the first rule is I don’t talk about it, but you see, I’ve got this blog to write. May’s Guelph Movie Club selection is Fight Club. It’s hard to believe this movie is 15 years old. 15. Years. Old. That’s weird, right?

I mean, on one hand, the idea Fight Club is 15 years old makes me feel ancient. On the other, the movie still feels fresh to me. It feels like this movie could have been in 2015. Then again, maybe that’s what makes great movies great.

What say you? I guess you better show up on May 28th at 9:00 p.m. and judge for yourself. It should be an epic Guelph Movie Club. We’re partnering with The Dragon Comics and Games Store to celebrate 15 years of Fight Club. There’ll be prizes, giveaways, mischief, mayhem, and soap. Well, maybe not those last few.



Before Flight Club, we’ll also announce our June selection. What will it be? Only you can decide. This month, it’s a Clash of Sequels. Use the poll below to have your say on which sequel to one of our previous Movie Club hits will hit the big screen.



Which Sequel Will We Watch In June?



 

















This whole thing really only works because you folks give a darn about it. Here’s how you can be a part of Guelph Movie Club:

  • Talk about it on Twitter. I’m @dcwllms, The Bookshelf is @Bookshelfnews, and we use #GuelphMovieClub to talk about the movie
  • Let me know how I can make GMC better (Twitter is good, or you can email me: williamson[dot]d[at]gmail[dot]com)
  • Come out every month – and bring a friend
Till then, I am Danny’s strong desire to see you at the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment