Sunday, March 8, 2015

GMC: All-Out Gopher Warfare Edition


“So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.”

- Bill Murray as Carl Spackler in Caddyshack

I’ll tell you, friends, it was pretty hard to not just post all of Bill Murray’s dialogue from Caddyshack into a word document, ship it off to The Bookshelf, and call that the blog for March. The man is that good. If you haven’t seen it, Caddyshack is a comedy classic. If you have seen it, you know what I’m talking about. This month, it’s our Guelph Movie Club selection. See it with us, again or for the first time, on March 26th at 9:00 p.m.


As is our sacred monthly duty, we need your help to decide what movie we watch in April. Our theme is 70s movies. It's 70s style epic car chases, drug deals, and cops – clean, dirty and conflicted. We turn back the clock to the decade of investigations, impeachment, and impairment. Use the poll below to help us decide.



Which 70s Classic Would You Pick Out of a Line-up?





 
















It’s a pleasure for me to be able to host Guelph Movie Club. I hope you love coming out each month. I’m pretty committed to making it the best it can be. To that end, a couple of things:

  • Talk about it on Twitter. I’m @dcwllms, The Bookshelf is @Bookshelfnews, and we use #GuelphMovieClub to talk about the movie
  • Let me know how I can make GMC better (Twitter is good, or you can email me: williamson[dot]d[at]gmail[dot]com)
  • Come out every month – and bring a friend
Till then, see you at the movies,

Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment